Problems with potency in 40 years are found in many men, but in most cases they are all easy to correct. To quickly cope with this problem, you need to consult a urologist-andrologist. Taking pills on your own to improve potency is not the best way out, as you can make the wrong choice and aggravate the problem. From this article on our website, you will learn what to do if you have problems with potency.
What should be the potency of a man at 40
At this age, a healthy man can maintain full sexuality. But all men lead a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, by the age of 40, some of them retain normal sexuality and even try to remember their youth with young partners. The other part has reduced sexual activity due to emerging diseases and an unhealthy lifestyle.
The concept of the norm for each man is individual, but on average a healthy man in 40 years old requires 2 - 3 sexual contacts per week. Recent studies have found that more than 80% of potency disorders are associated with various diseases. Many of them are hidden, but they are reflected in the sexual life. Increasingly, such diseases are detected during examination by a sexologist or urologist-andrologist for a weak potency.
At the age of 40, the physiological aging processes are just beginning to manifest themselves, and a healthy man practically does not feel them, his interest in sex may even be increased. The content of the male sex hormone testosterone in the blood is slightly reduced, so the man “does not start with half a turn”, he needs time and more substantial stimulation.
Morning and nocturnal spontaneous erections occur much less frequently, an erection develops more slowly, but it is quite full and sufficient for sexual intercourse. Experience compensates and smooths out minor physiological changes and does not in any way affect the relationship with the partner.
The reasons for the deterioration of potency after 40 years
All problems with potency at the age of 40 are caused by psychogenic causes or organic diseases. At the same time, the share of psychogenic factors (frequent or prolonged stress, neurosis, depression) accounts for no more than 20%, while obviously or latent organic diseases are the cause of weak potency in the remaining 80% of cases. If a man does not have an understanding partner, then organic causes are combined with psychogenic ones and significantly aggravate them.
The main "culprits" of impotence are diseases associated with a violation of the state of the cardiovascular system.
This is atherosclerosis and associated ischemic heart disease with attacks of angina pectoris and atherosclerosis of the arteries of the lower extremities, arterial hypertension (consistently high blood pressure - BP). Violation of blood circulation leads to the fact that with sexual arousal, blood cannot quickly flow into the arteries of the small pelvis and arteries of the penis, therefore, as a result, problems arise with the development of an erection. To restore it, you need to maintain a normal circulatory system.
No less often, problems with potency arise in type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin dependent). With this disease, there is a change in the walls of small arteries, a violation of their patency and innervation, which leads to erectile dysfunction. In addition, with diabetes mellitus, sex drive (libido) often decreases in men due to a decrease in testosterone secretion.
Research carried out in recent years has shown that the appearance of weak potency is also caused by some drugs used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. A negative effect on potency is mainly exerted by drugs to lower blood pressure. They can be easily replaced with other drugs that do not have these side effects. So, drugs from the group of angiotensin II receptor antagonists (losartan) do not cause erectile dysfunction and even support it. Taking antidepressants and tranquilizers (anti-anxiety drugs) also negatively affects potency.
By the age of 40, some men have longstanding bad habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse. Both of these habits hit the vessels (cause persistent constriction) and the neurohormonal system, contributing to a decrease in testosterone secretion.
Not all men in their 40s lead a healthy lifestyle and eat right, choosing healthy foods. A sedentary lifestyle in combination with high-calorie foods, unhealthy foods and the systematic consumption of beer lead to obesity, aggravation of problems with cardiovascular diseases and potency.
By the age of 40, many men have past genital infections, which are not always fully healed, remain asymptomatic for years and affect the condition of the genitals. A sedentary (office) lifestyle, combined with such a dormant infection, is often the cause of chronic inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis), urinary disorders and impotence.
What are the main symptoms of impotence at 40
All signs are divided into:
- Sexual impairment (libido)is a sign of testosterone deficiency. Normally, a 40-year-old man should not have this, but perhaps this is due to hereditary characteristics or diseases. The man becomes indifferent to women. In this case, you need to consult a doctor, find out the cause and be treated (everything is recoverable).
- Erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction), which manifests itself as the following initial symptoms: the penis is not bulky and hard enough; incomplete angle of elevation of the penis; sexual intercourse has a shorter duration than before; it is not always possible to achieve detente; premature ejaculation appears; the number of spontaneous erections decreases; poor potency leads to dissatisfaction with sex life; the man needs medical attention.
- Violation of libido and erection in a man at the same time.Most often, such disorders develop with diabetes mellitus, obesity and prolonged alcohol abuse. Signs of complete impotence appear. But in this case, the man can be helped, you just need to see a doctor.
Degrees of potency disorders at 40
Potency disorders occur at any age. At 40, there are slightly more of them than in youth. By severity, they are divided into:
- lungs- the first manifestations are insignificant, most men simply do not notice them, failures are rare;
- of moderate severity- violations are already noticeable and cause concern; poor potency and frequent failures cause psychological problems; but at this stage no more than a quarter of men seek medical help without considering themselves sick;
- heavy- failures follow one another and lead to complete impotence; you can help such men if they go to a doctor and follow all his recommendations.
How to increase potency in a man after 40
Potency enhancement in men after 40 should be carried out under the supervision of a physician. It begins with a complete examination of the man, even if he does not make any complaints, except for complaints of a violation of his sexual life. If necessary, a sexologist or urologist sends him for consultation and treatment to doctors of another profile (therapist, cardiologist, endocrinologist). At the same time, correction of potency disorders is carried out.
Depending on the identified disorders and concomitant diseases, medication is prescribed, additional methods - physiotherapy, massage, therapeutic exercises, etc. In recent years, reflexology in combination with psychotherapy has become widespread.
What medications are prescribed in case of violation of potency after 40 years
How to increase potency in men after 40, a sexologist or urologist-andrologist will tell you. Medicine has a sufficient arsenal of means to restore potency. But only a doctor can choose the right drug. Drugs to increase potency in men after 40:
- Medicines containing testosterone and increasing libido - prescribed for libido disorders against the background of a decrease in testosterone secretion. This leads to an increase in sex drive.
- Medicines from the group of inhibitors of the phosphodiesterase type 5 enzyme (PDE-5). Considered the most effective treatments for erectile dysfunction. The mechanism of their action is associated with the suppression of the action of an enzyme that prevents the formation of biologically active substances involved in complex biochemical processes that provide instant expansion of the small arteries of the genital organs and blood flow to the penis with the development of an erection. But all drugs in this group act only with existing sexual arousal. In the absence of libido, they are ineffective.
- Other groups of drugs used for the treatment of potency disorders in men: alpha-blockers; increasing the formation of nitric oxide, which is necessary for vasodilation; relaxing arterial walls synthetic analogs of prostaglandin E; help improve the functioning of the circulatory system; herbal remedies, homeopathic remedies, food supplements (dietary supplements) that increase potency.
Additional treatments for potency disorders
The complex treatment may include additional, drug-free methods:
- physiotherapy - individual selection of techniques depends on the patient's condition;
- massage - general and segmental massage perfectly restores blood circulation, metabolism, fills with energy;
- physiotherapy exercises (LFK) - special complexes will help restore sexual function, and feasible sports will strengthen health and sexuality;
- reflexology - the impact on reflex points on the human body can improve health in general, including sexual function;
- psychotherapy - frequent failures in bed exacerbate problems with potency; after a course of psychotherapy, a man gains confidence that he can cope with any situation.
How to improve potency after 40 without a doctor
In case of minor one-time failures or if a man just wants to increase his capabilities, you can use folk remedies, herbal remedies, dietary supplements (dietary supplements).
But, given the fact that in most cases the cause of potency disorders is some general disease, it is better to consult a doctor.
Of course, herbal decoctions and tinctures are far from such modern medicines, but they can be used to maintain potency in case of its mild disorders. By the age of forty, with violations of potency, a man can use many folk remedies. But at the same time, it is important to know how they work and whether any particular remedy will help with your problems.
TOP-3 folk remedies
- Fresh leaves of aloe tree.It has long been used as a stimulating, restorative remedy for impotence. Today it has been found that this plant is capable of accumulating zinc, which is necessary for a man's body to maintain sexual function. Tear off an aloe leaf, wash it, hold it in a dark place for a day, and then take 3 cm of a leaf every day half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is a month. Restores libido, maintains an erection. Aloe is especially useful for problems with the prostate, as it suppresses inflammation and the growth of benign tumors.
- Nettle seeds boiled in wine.Take 100 g of fresh or dried nettle seeds, pour 500 ml of dry wine, keep on low heat for 3 - 5 minutes, then set aside, cool, filter and take 50 ml at night. Course - until the decoction ends. Soothing and restorative remedy.
- Infusion of onion peel.Before going to bed, brew a tablespoon of chopped onion husks 250 ml of boiling water in a thermos, leave overnight; the next day, take 80 ml three times a day half an hour before meals for 4 - 6 weeks. Improves blood circulation in the small pelvis, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
Exercises to strengthen and maintain potency
A variety of exercise therapy complexes have been developed in order to restore and enhance the sexual function of men. One of the most popular is A. Kegel's set of exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor and improve blood circulation in the small pelvis. Particular attention is paid to strengthening the pubococcygeal muscle (PCM), which supports sexual function. To feel this muscle, the guy must block the stream of urine during urination. Muscle tension will allow LMB to be detected.
TOP 3 Basic Kegel Exercises
- In a standing position, squeeze the LMB, strain it, hold in this position for 3 seconds, then relax. Do it 10 times.
- In the supine position, make 10 quick cuts-relaxations of the LMB in a row, then, after a short break, repeat everything. Do it 8 times.
- Repeat the exercise while lying on your stomach.
- Repeat on all fours.
Prevention of impotence after 40
To prevent a decrease in potency or raise it, pills alone are not enough. A man should:
- move more, play sports; many sports are available at 40;
- get rid of excess weight;
- forget about bad habits - smoking and regular drinking;
- eat right, giving preference to lean animal food, vegetables, fruits, grains; fatty sea fish is useful, it can be consumed twice a week; reduce the use of fatty, fried foods, sweets, muffins;
- do not forget about rest, get enough sleep - this is a prerequisite for the prevention of impotence;
- get rid of frequent or prolonged stress;
- treat all diseases in a timely manner.
Frequently asked questions
Are there any safe remedies for a quick restoration of potency at 40
Yes, there is. There are many such drugs, a urologist-andrologist will help you to choose the most suitable one for you in order to raise potency.
How does alcohol affect potency at 40?
Only systematic alcohol consumption has a negative effect on potency.
What vitamins can be taken to improve potency after 40 years?
Special vitamins are produced to maintain potency, vitamin supplements, etc. They are taken both for prevention and correction of disorders.
Potency in men after 40 may decrease somewhat, but this is normal, since it is associated with the onset of age-related changes and should not bother a man. A doctor should be consulted if a recurrence of disruptions in sex life. Do not panic: all of this is being treated perfectly today. It is also very important to live a healthy lifestyle, move more and eat right.