The older a man is, the more various health problems he has, unfortunately - this is the aging of the body. And one of the main themes is erection. In this article we will tell you about increasing potency in men after 60, which methods are most effective and how to act correctly.
The decrease in the ability to have sexual intercourse at this age is a natural physiological process due to the slow but steady decline of the male reproductive function.
Despite all the physiological nature of such a phenomenon, you cannot call it pleasant: normal potency is the key to male strength, in a sense, the ability for sexual intimacy is associated with masculinity and wealth of a man as a representative of the stronger sex.
Erectile dysfunction leads to psychological problems and self-doubt. But not all is lost: even at 60 years old, a man can be what is called "on horseback. "
How the male reproductive system functions at 60
Objective truth: in old age the potency is no longer the same as in 20 or 30 years. Improper lifestyle, chronic diseases and a general decrease in the tone of the body affect. However, this is not an axiom. Unlike women, for whom menopause is an inevitable phenomenon, male menopause does not exist, and a representative of the stronger sex can remain in excellent sexual form almost to the grave, giving a head start to the young.
Despite this, more effort and responsibility is required to maintain the reproductive system in a functional state. Motivation plays a significant role: without patience and work at this age, a normal erection is simply impossible. At the age of 60, it takes more time to maintain normal libido and arousal, an erection becomes sluggish, and the penis is often incapable of penetrating intercourse. Potency in old age is characterized by the following features:
- level of male specific hormone sharply decreases. The concentration of testosterone falls by almost half, which causes erectile dysfunction and difficulty in having intercourse;
- the penis does not have the same size even at the peak of sexual arousal;
- the skin in the scrotum no longer has the same elasticity and sags. This does not affect the level of sexual health, but it does not look aesthetically pleasing, which can affect the psychological state of a man, causing a psychogenic decrease in libido;
- it takes more effort and time to maintain a productive erection;
- testicles become smaller and lose their previous elasticity;
- sexual sensitivity decreases. Erogenous zones are no longer able to maintain the required level of nerve conduction;
- After sexual release, the penis descends quickly, and it takes a long time to regain a stable erection.
Any elderly male person encounters similar problems, but this is not an axiom either. It all depends on the lifestyle and health of a particular representative of the stronger sex. In any case, it is possible to restore potency after 60 years. It all depends on the desire, aspiration and the presence of some medical knowledge.
What factors lead to a decrease in potency
Such factors can be divided into physiological and pathological.
- Obesity. It is a consequence of a general metabolic disorder.
- Smoking. Nicotine affects the blood supply to the pelvic organs, causing ischemia and artificial atherosclerosis of the vessels. Lack of blood circulation is a path to impotence.
- Drinking a lot of alcohol. Alcohol dulls libido by decreasing testosterone concentration. You can drink only in moderation - no more than one glass of wine a day.
- Psychogenic reasons (self-doubt, phobias and fears).
- Hypodynamics (lack of movement).
- Taking certain medications (especially psychotropic ones).
- Sexually transmitted diseases. Sexually transmitted diseases "hurt" men's health, affecting the prostate and testicles.
- Hypertension. Causes fragility of blood vessels and ischemia of the pelvic organs.
- Prostatitis. It is considered a real scourge of males over 60 years old. According to statistics, 70% of elderly men suffer from this dangerous disease. The disease is characterized by erectile dysfunction and problems with normal urination. Despite this, prostate damage is not a death sentence. The disease causes temporary impotence. It is quite possible to correct the pathological condition.
- Prostate adenoma. Benign tumor of the glandular tissue of the prostate gland. Has similar manifestations with prostatitis. Requires mandatory surgical treatment, since not only reproductive function is at stake, but also health in general.
- Inflammatory and non-inflammatory lesions of the testicles and their appendages: orchitis, epididymitis, cryptorchidism (extremely rare in adulthood), etc.
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases. Including urolithiasis, pyelonephritis.
- Endocrine pathologies at the level of the thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), hypothalamus and pituitary gland (hypogonadism).
Understanding the root causes is possible only with the help of a competent doctor. The only thing that the patient himself can do is to adhere to the rules of prevention in order to reduce the role of physiological factors. What to do to restore potency after 60 years - this question can only be solved by the representative of the stronger sex.
Normal or pathological - is everything okay
The first thing to do to determine whether the reproductive system is normal is to conduct a potency test, that is, self-diagnosis.
It's easy to do this:
- The number of sexual acts in persons over 60 years old is, on average, 1-2 per week. If a representative of the strong half of humanity can maintain such a level of sexual activity, everything is in order.
- Morning erection. A preserved morning erection is an indicator of sexual health. But its absence is not a verdict or an indicator.
- Nighttime erection. A nocturnal erection also indicates normal reproductive function.
If only the morning erection disappears, there is no reason for panic, but when the night potency also disappears, there is a reason to be wary. To determine how things are at night, you need to make a ring of paper to the size of your penis and put it on at night at the base of your penis. If in the morning the "product" remains intact, then we can talk about pathology. In this case, you cannot do without the help of a doctor.
An andrologist should be consulted. He will prescribe several diagnostic measures, including:
- Spermogram. Allows you to determine the motility of sperm and the fertilizing properties of semen.
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs. Sometimes a decrease in potency is caused by pathological reasons.
- Rectal digital examination of the prostate. To exclude prostatitis.
- Prostate juice analysis. It also allows you to identify prostatitis and other diseases of the glandular organ.
- PSA blood test.
- Complete blood count. Needed to determine the concentration of sugar. Diabetes is the enemy of men's health.
Having passed these studies, a person will know for sure whether it is a norm or a pathology. The main thing is not to delay visiting a specialist. The male body itself is quite fragile, and it is even more difficult to restore sexual function in adulthood.
How realistic is it to increase potency at this age
Increasing male sexual activity after 60 is more than real. An important role is played not by age, but by will and desire, since the older the representative of the strong half of humanity, the more responsible the approach is required, and the more difficult it is to return a healthy erection. To increase potency after such a mature age, an integrated approach is needed, which includes:
- Increased physical activity.
- Diet change.
- Taking specialized medications.
- Also involves the treatment of chronic diseases, of course, if any.
How to increase potency after 60 years
Diet change plays a huge role in increasing potency.
First of all, you need to eat as many plant foods as possible (but not only). The table should contain:
- nuts (especially walnuts, pistachios, almonds). Just a few tablespoons a day is enough;
- citrus fruits (oranges, lemons);
- chicken eggs;
- seafood (especially red fish, shrimp);
- low-fat fermented milk products;
- fatty meats (beef, pork, lamb). They cause atherosclerosis by disrupting the nutrition of the genitals. Such nutrition will definitely not help to increase potency;
- fatty fermented milk products: sour cream, milk, cream;
- fast food. Promotes an increase in cholesterol and the formation of lipid deposits on the walls of blood vessels;
- sausages, smoked meats;
- salty foods;
- alcohol in large quantities;
- bread and pastries.
To increase potency, you need to eat fractionally, often and not overeat.
Physical activity to enhance potency
How to have good potency at 60? To increase potency, it is important to adhere to the optimal level of physical activity. In no case should you overwork: this will not help to increase potency, but it will undermine both reproductive health and health in general.
Everyone knows that intense exercise causes the release of adrenaline, norepinephrine, cortisol. These substances block testosterone production. In addition, elderly patients can rarely boast of excellent health: problems with the cardiovascular system affect. Therefore, it is necessary to strictly control the level of pulse and blood pressure.
In this case, light physical exercises are suitable: walking in the fresh air, jogging, swimming, walking, morning exercises. Perfect for: aerobic exercise (contributes to the health of the whole body), yoga, exercises for the pelvic muscles (it is worthwhile to strain and relax the pelvic muscles - this is called Kegel exercises).
- Restoration of a normal psychological background. If there are problems with a partner, they need to be resolved, otherwise there will be no normal libido. A sexologist or sex therapist can help here.
- We need to give up bad habits: no alcohol, tobacco, especially drugs.
- It is necessary to stop taking drugs that inhibit sexual function. So you can quickly increase potency, but this should not be at the expense of health. It is important to consult your doctor.
- It is important to treat all chronic conditions that could cause erectile dysfunction.
- You should take special vitamin and mineral complexes. Avitaminosis can be a factor that reduces the ability to intimacy.
- Use of exercises to restore erection will help. It is enough to relax and strain the muscles responsible for urination 30 times a day.
- Practice sexual intercourse regularly. Systematic sex life is an ideal way to increase potency.
It may be necessary to use specialized drugs - a last resort. Medicines should be prescribed only by a doctor, since they have a lot of side effects.
You can talk a lot about increasing potency in men after 60 with folk remedies, so we will focus on some effective recipes.
Herbal medicine can be a good help. They should be taken with caution (allergic reactions are possible). Here are some effective recipes:
- A mixture of walnuts and honey. Mix the components in equal proportions.
- Dubrovnik decoction. Take 2 tablespoons of crushed raw materials, pour 1 glass of boiling water. Insist for 60 minutes, then take 3-4 times a day for a third of a glass.
- Cabbage juice.
- Ginseng tincture. Accepted by courses. On the first day, dissolve one drop in 0. 5 glass of water, take. Add a drop every day until the number of drops reaches 28. After that, take the remedy at this dosage for 2-3 months. The prescription is contraindicated in violation of the functions of the heart, kidneys and liver.
- Rosehip decoction. Take a tablespoon of berries, pour half a liter of boiling water, place all the ingredients in a thermos. Insist for six hours. After that, take half a glass twice a day for 1 month.
Potency in men at 55, 60, and even 70 is more than real. It all depends on the patient himself. An integrated approach is important. If there is a desire and a strong will, you can achieve an increase in potency in a short time "to the envy" of twenty-year-olds.