Violation of potency is a common pathology in middle-aged and older men. Fortunately, such a condition lends itself to therapy, and traditional medicine, harmonious nutrition and physical activity play a significant role in this. To learn how to increase potency in men in natural ways, be sure to read this article.
What is potency
Potency is the ability of a man to have sexual contact, which is characterized by the degree of erection and the speed of its achievement, as well as the duration of sexual intercourse and some features of its course. An absolutely healthy person retains the ability to have sexual intercourse throughout his life. Any case when this gift of nature disappears with age is considered a pathology.
The main indicator of a man's sexual competence is an erection. This term means a normal physiological phenomenon, when the male genital organ, in response to stimulating factors, increases in size, hardens and becomes capable of sexual intercourse. This is due to the filling with blood of the cavities of the so-called cavernous bodies located in the tissue of the penis trunk. Erectile dysfunction, in which sexual intercourse becomes impossible, in medicine is called impotence or erectile dysfunction.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
Physicians identify several factors that cause impotence. The main causes of erectile dysfunction are:
- vascular pathologies, as a result of which the blood filling of the cavities of the cavernous bodies of the penis is disturbed (hypertension, ischemia, atherosclerosis, etc. );
- neurological diseases that negatively affect the redistribution of blood flow and contribute to insufficient pressure in the corpus cavernosum (Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, etc. );
- negative effects of medications on the body (some groups of antidepressants, antiallergic drugs, hormonal agents, etc. );
- imbalance of hormones (in particular, a decrease in testosterone production caused by pathologies of the adrenal glands and pituitary gland);
- hypodynamic lifestyle, which leads to the development of congestion in the small pelvis;
- unhealthy diet, namely, excessive use of fats and fast carbohydrates in the diet;
- alcohol abuse, smoking;
- regular and prolonged stress;
- untreated sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc. )
Speaking about the age factor, it is worth noting that most often erectile dysfunction develops in men over 50 due to the appearance of vascular and neurological diseases. And there is also an age-related decrease in the synthesis of male sex hormones.
Important! The most dangerous alcoholic drink for potency is beer, since the substances present in it stimulate the synthesis of estrogens (female sex hormones).
Natural enhancements in men
After consulting with your doctor, you can go the natural way. For this, there are methods that not only temporarily eliminate the problem, but also help a man to avoid difficulties in his intimate life and in the future. An important condition for successful therapy is the use of appropriate food.
The diet must include both plant and animal food. When planning your menu, you need to exclude the following harmful products:
- carbonated water and energy;
- shop sausages, smoked meats;
- fast food, snacks;
- pickled foods;
- white bread and pastries;
- sweets (except dark chocolate and honey).
It is important to limit the consumption of potatoes and white rice. The cooking dishes should contain ingredients that increase potency:
- Seafood. They contain a significant composition of macro- and microelements that improve men's health. Oysters, perhaps, are the leader in terms of the quantitative content of zinc, which is part of most dietary supplements designed to restore erectile function. In addition, shellfish increase libido for both men and women.
- Red fatty fish and vegetable oils. Trout, salmon and other fatty varieties of river and sea inhabitants, as well as vegetable oils (olive, flaxseed, etc. ), are rich in useful omega-3 acids that help improve the functioning of the circulatory system, which has a positive effect on potency.
- Red meat, dairy products, lean white fish. All of these gifts of nature are rich in protein, necessary for tissue renewal and regulation of hormone levels.
- Fruit. Avocados, apples, and bananas contain iron, potassium and zinc, while kiwi and citrus fruits contain vitamin C, a natural antioxidant. Red fruits contain lipoken - a substance that protects the prostate gland from various ailments.
- Vegetables. The most useful for men are tomatoes and red bell peppers (contain lipoken), broccoli (rich in vitamin C), turnips (famous for vitamin B), onions and beets (increases testosterone synthesis), garlic (improves vascular health), carrots (prolongs sexual intercourse), asparagus (combats inflammation).
- Nuts. They contain zinc in significant quantities.
- Greens. The most effective for strengthening men's health is parsley, which contains a whole range of active substances necessary for the full functioning of the genitourinary system.
- Spices. Red pepper, cardamom, ginseng, cinnamon, cloves, saffron improve blood circulation, promote blood flow to the genitals and increase sex drive.
In order for the products to retain most of their useful properties, they should be steamed, stewed and baked. Vegetables and fruits are recommended to be consumed raw.
Alternative medicine recipes quite often have a positive effect in the treatment of pathologies of the male genital area. Below are the best folk remedies for increasing potency in men.
Maral antler tincture
Maral antlers are famous for their unique ability to treat erectile dysfunction. If you managed to acquire this valuable product, you can prepare a healing composition. To do this, 25 g of antlers are crushed and filled with 250 ml of vodka. The remedy is kept for a month, and then 20 drops are taken three times a day.
Turnip and carrot medicine
Grind and mix the same amount of boiled root vegetables. Add 20 g of honey to the mixture. Consume 3 tablespoons three times a day.
50 g of roots of a medicinal plant pour 0. 5 l of vodka and leave for 30 days. Use the product once a day, 20 drops.
Hypericum Herb Flask
25 g of dry plant materials pour 250 ml of boiling water, leave in a water bath for 20 minutes. After that, bring the volume to the original, cool, filter and drink half a glass once a day.
Exercises to improve potency
In order to restore erectile function, it is important to provide the body with reasonable exercise.Swimming or running is the best option.
In addition, there is a special set of exercises developed by the American physician A. Kegel. They were originally intended to restore the tone of the female intimate muscles. As it turned out later, such exercises have a great effect on impotence. They strengthen the muscles in the perineum that are responsible for erection.
There are several techniques for performing special movements to improve potency:
- "Retraction" and relaxation of the muscles of the perineum. Initially, they are done at a moderate pace, keeping the muscles tense for no more than three seconds. Having mastered the presented technique, the pace is accelerated, and the stress time is increased.
- Ejection. The muscle is strained, as if pushing it out. A similar condition is observed during defecation, but the force is applied not to the anus, but to the base of the penis.
- Smooth voltage. The pelvic muscles are slowly "pulled in", held in this position for about 30 seconds, until a feeling of warmth appears, and then relax.
The exercises can be performed while standing or lying on your back, with your knees bent.
Dealing with the problem after 50
Men after 50 years of age most often face the problem of impotence. At this age, it is extremely important to visit an andrologist in a timely manner, since sexual dysfunction can be a manifestation of diseases such as prostatitis, benign and malignant formations in the prostate gland.
Traditional treatment of impotence after this age, as a rule, involves hormone therapy, intracavernous (produced directly into the cavernous bodies) injections of antispasmodics, and in some cases, falloprosthetics. It is important for older men to keep the existing neurological and vascular ailments under control, as they contribute to the development of pathology.
How to quickly increase potency
The following pharmaceutical tablet preparations are most often prescribed to quickly obtain a stable erection, which contain the following substances:
The effect of these drugs usually develops 15-25 minutes after administration. Before using the tablets, you should consult a doctor and read the instructions.
To reduce the risk of developing impotence, andrologists advise taking the following preventive measures:
- avoid casual intimate contacts, timely treat sexually transmitted infections;
- visit a specialist annually after 40 years;
- do not abuse alcohol, quit smoking;
- establish proper nutrition;
- provide the body with regular adequate physical activity (especially when sedentary work);
- avoid stress.
The psychological factor plays an important role in the development of impotence, therefore, in case of prolonged stress, neurosis and other similar disorders, it is advisable to consult a psychotherapist.
And also experts remind that if problems with erection are observed regularly, you should immediately consult a doctor, because early diagnosis is the key to successful treatment of the disease.