Potency referred to the ability to perform and continue a sexual act.
Male potency is very finicky. It has a delicate mechanism that can easily be broken. Usually it is supported with emotional balance and good overall health.
It often happens that potency disappears suddenly and without apparent reason. Therefore, professionals are not so easy to answer the question about what affects the potency of men. Sometimes it can be involved physical or organic factors, but in General the mental or emotional factors much more closely associated with the potency than the physical. It so happens that loss of potency is connected with some unconscious problem that blocks normal sexual urges.
To mention the fact that affect the potency of men, not to mention male hormones androgens, especially the most important of these is testosterone. Macho with testosterone will have big muscles, tough and strong-willed character. However, such people are not always successful in life, in particular, this applies to success with women. Male power is a combination of androgens and wits.
The penis is a measure of the overall health of the person. Normal functioning of the heart, blood vessels, nervous system and endocrine glands is very important for potency. Confidence and experience are also important for male sexual strength.
A painful blow to pride or low self-esteem very often leads to the fact that the erection quickly disappears. Sometimes the reason for this lies in the events of the past, when psychic trauma in childhood causes sexual problems in the present. Also, male potency depends largely on women. Woman with high sexual drive can raise the sexual bar of her partner.
When men comes impotence?
Impotence is the persistent inability to achieve and maintain an erection. To get an erection, several parts of the body need to work together.
The brain sends a message of sexual arousal through the nervous system to the penis. This post makes you relax the muscles along the walls of tricky (cavernous) bodies.
At the same time, the arteries in the penis dilate and the blood flow to that organ is increased. As a result, the erectile tissues fill with blood and the penis becomes firm. If you interfere with any of these systems, to get or maintain an erection can be difficult.
It is impossible to say with certainty when men comes impotence. It depends on a number of reasons. About 20 years ago, impotence was considered psychological problem in 80% of cases. The doctors could not find the sources of sexual dysfunction in hormonal problems and ailments, and therefore blamed it on the emotional sphere.
The current medical views on impotence changed. Compiled a list of diseases that can reduce sexual desire.
- First place in this list is cardiovascular disease. Male genitalia penetrated by blood vessels, therefore if the heart is "sluggish" or pumping blood vessels clogged with cholesterol, there is no reason for a good erection.
- Secondly, diabetes and other hormonal disorders are closely associated with the condition where men comes impotence. It has been proven that a small decrease in blood sugar can lead to a sharp increase in the strength of erection and quality of sex life.
- The third disease is obesity.
- Cancer can damage nerves or arteries that are vital for erection.
- Some diseases, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and spinal cord injury, can cause impotence.
Reduction in libido can occur from psychological problems such as:
- Depression. This condition is a common cause of reduced libido.
- Alcoholism. Chronic alcoholism can lead to a reluctance of sex, even when man is sober.
- Smoking. Causes constriction of the blood vessels. It can reduce blood flow to the penis, causing erectile dysfunction.
- Strong anxiety. Most men, faced with the problem of decrease in libido, experienced a strong emotion due to work or family.
- Situational psychological problems. Some men do not want sexual intercourse only in certain situations or with certain people. Because of the negative relationship men may be unable to achieve erection with their partner but once you're away from home, don't have any problems in the sexual sphere.
The first signs of impotence in men
The first signs of impotence in men is the inability to get and maintain an erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse. This problem should not be confused with ejaculation problems (premature ejaculation).
Occasional failure to achieve erection occurs only in certain situations. For example, in men occurs erection during Masturbation, or sometimes he wakes up with an erection, but to get pleasure from your sexual partner may not .
In these circumstances, it is likely that the main cause of impotence is primarily psychological component associated with stress. However, if the man is unable to achieve erection under any circumstances, it is likely that the underlying cause is primarily physical component.
If the first signs of impotence in men persist for more than a few weeks, you should consult a doctor. Specialist will evaluate General health status because sexual problems may be the first sign of more serious diseases.
How to restore potency
That can be a means to restore potency? When treatment of underlying physical or psychological problems fails to restore potency, a man may consider one of the following decisions:
- The Drug "Viagra". Popular treatment for impotence, helps 70% of men with erectile dysfunction. All you have to do to a man is to take a pill of Viagra one hour before sexual activity. However, there are contraindications for using this tool and you need to consult with your doctor.
- Stimulator with vibration. To replace tablets completely or partially is possible with the stimulator for men. This is a relatively recent invention has been successfully used both in the home and in hospitals. The principle of operation of the stimulator based on the sensitivity of skin receptors of the penis head to high-frequency vibration. During use of the apparatus, these receptors start to transmit a signal on excitation of the centers responsible for sexual reflexes in the brain and spinal cord. So activates the process of sexual arousal.
- A vacuum device. Is a hollow, plastic cylinder, in which is placed his flaccid penis. Then use the hand pump pumps air from the cylinder, creating a vacuum that promotes blood flow to the penis. However, male vacuum pump improper treatment can not restore the potency and damage the penis.
- Injection. One or more drugs may be injected into the penis to increase blood flow. The injection is nearly painless and produces a more natural erection than a vacuum device or implant. However, you need to carefully follow the dosage. In rare cases, the erection takes place after ejaculation, which may require surgical intervention.
- Surgical implants. Can be used as alternatives if the above treatments have not led to the desired result. However, there are 10 to 15 percent probability that an implant will malfunction within five years, although this problem can almost always be corrected.